Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pedro Bernardo 2012 - 2nd July

Great task today although the initial programmed 112km had to be cropped short because of cirrus coming in from the West. 70km task or there a bouts was set in the flats.
Interesting day for me, as my C-Pilot "bugged" and crashed before leaving the start cylinder (OMG!) my XC trainer's sound in general settings was turned off, and I dropped my Solario fumbling around trying to get it out of my harness pocket. Disaster was looming.

But, with some concentration I managed to fly 62km of the task without any audible vario which brought home how we have come to rely so much on "hearing" thermals rather than feeling them. However, as a result I was tired out and as I clipped the final turn point had difficulty finding a further thermal to take me on the final leg home.
A good percentage of pilots in goal, with Reina coming in in just over 3hrs, Emile Van Wyke 2nd and Ronny Geissen 3rd.
Time for some dinner and some sleep to rest my aching bones!! Tomorrow is another day ...............

No comments:

Post a Comment