Saturday, July 14, 2012

13 July - Ovar - Esmoriz - Montalegre

After saying farewell to a baking, sunny Serra Estrella, I could not resist a detour to the coast for some toe dipping and sand shuffling. Drove north west for a couple of hours to Ovar and Esmoriz for the afternoon. With cold Atlantic ocean and off-shore winds, I watched as the waves rolled in and wished for a surfboard or kite. Overcast skies dampened my prospects of a swim so strolled up the beach for a few kilometres before continuing my journey NE to Montalegre via Porto. Brago and up through the Viera do Minho the drizzle and fog thick fog persisted and I thought of the alps this year so far!
The Atlantic Coast - Ovar

Portuguese terracotta pots

Road to the beach. Childhood memories.
However, descending into Chaves the sun appeared in time for sunset and my arrival at Montalegre for the Friday 13th Festival. The rest is history...

No comments:

Post a Comment