Friday, July 27, 2012

27 July - Nordic Open - TASK5

Sadly the task was cancelled very soon after the start.
Thermalling near the start cylinder

Waiting for the start gate


The stormy weather predicted from the South West actually came in more from the south east bringing in a wave of thick cloud and a gust front.
As soon as pilots had taken the start cylinder, once again in a similar scenario to yesterday, the air became buoyant and it suddenly became very easy for everyone to find lift, everywhere!
Leaving for the stargate

Within the space of 20 minutes all competitors had landed safely in the Ager valley just as the gust front  started.  Some had to throw their G-Bag to get down.


On arriving at HQ, the rain started. Light at first then a downpour.
Now the sun is shining, but the air is heavy and still.
We hit the campsite bar to pass the time until deciding what to do with the afternoon.
I had to negotiate an arm wrestle with the IT man to open the HQ room to get my laptop, no joke! The challenge was set.
We moved to another table, the crowd gathered. My left arm at the ready. The BBB guy (big, burly, and bald!), thought he was in with a chance. Ha!
As beads of sweat formed on his brow, everyone gathered round our table - the bar was in silence. BBB was struggling. There were roars as I held him for just over 5 minutes, until he couldn't take it anymore and I pushed my arm flat to the table! 
I got my laptop and a victory dance on the table to cheers from the crowd!!
.....Don't mess with me...!!!!Grrrrrrrr........


No comments:

Post a Comment