Tuesday, February 19, 2013

D-Day ! Porterville, here we come....

Today. We are finally here. A beautiful day with gentle thermic conditions, and handful of people battled with the snow to walk up to Planfait take off for some gentle soaring. With an additional 50cm's on the ground since my last trip to take-off, they must have been full of dutch courage to battle with deep snow carrying gliders up to launch.
Blue sky and spring sunshine, I set off to Geneva airport for the start of my long journey to Porterville with a small lump in my throat. Would there be any snow left when I returned home? Would it be flyable when I returned home. Would it look like this when I returned home?

Or like this?

All those questions will be answered in 18 days. But for now, focus on what lies ahead and the first competition of the season: the Paragliding World Cup round 1 in Porterville, South Africa.
Manned with new glider, a Niviuk Icepeak6 thanks to Niviuk UK, and some blond ambition to join in the World Championships in July 2013, off I go...

Next stop T5 Heathrow airport, London, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment