Thursday, February 21, 2013

21st Feb - Task 4 Africa Open

Twin Trees B & B. I can recommend this accommodation run by a lovely couple. Air con, pool and wifi - it's 38+ degrees outside and I've slept for 10hours and feel rested.

I joined the All Africa competition today, and for the next couple of days, so that I could get in some practice and have a ride/retrieve.

The task was a 45km north. Great climbs in the flats and chose to fly these rather than ridge-run to get used to a different terrain. Finding climbs as low down as 250m for me was an eye opener and an exciting challenge, as the golden terrain delivered again and again all the way to goal.
Coming in 21st out of the field I was happy. First flight in 5 months and my season has started.


Another task today and lets hope the weather will be as good as yesterday. More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment