Tuesday, August 28, 2012

27th August - Guy Anderson - Search & Rescue at HQ

Here is a short film by Philippe Broers of the Search & Rescue Programme put in place by the local team in Sun Valley to Find Guy.
https://vimeo.com/48343229
And news posted by Nicole McLaren last night:
QUOTE:
27th August 9am local time. At this point we got the call that Guy’s paraglider had been found, and to return to HQ. Further information when we returned to debrief was that he had crashed his paraglider on the side of a hill, no reserve deployed, and had crawled/walked downhill (leaving his gear behind) for 1-2 miles. When found he was still mobile but had multiple broken bones. Good news though was that he still had at least a liter of water left on him so had possibly found a stream over the past 48 hours.
Guy is currently undergoing surgery and is expected to be OK! Personally I’m so happy right now I could burst! I’ve been involved in too many other searches and fatalities in the past few months and I wasn’t sure if I could handle #3 in such a short period of time. A big thanks to all the other searchers (maybe 50 in total) and the administrative personnel such as Zak who made things happen until the sheriff’s office took over. It’s incidents such as this that makes me realize how awesome and tight-knit our community is…what we do is dangerous and it’s important that we all look out for each other! I’m so proud of my fellow searchers!
UNQUOTE


No comments:

Post a Comment