Sunday, October 7, 2012

Saint Hilaire Flight Festival

As every year, flight enthusiasts from all over the world flock to the air festival to see everything and everyone they need to under the same roof over a long weekend.
This year, the weather was fair although not as generous as last year. At least we were not wallowing around in mud as has been the case in previous years!

I spent my time catching up with flying friends and sponsors on the Friday, and for the first year my other half and I parted company to spend time on different manufacturer's stands. He with Ozone, me with Niviuk

Icaro managed to put together my new made-to-measure flying helmet on the spot for me, with various requested specifications, notably the size and visor. Obviously, and as is so often the case in this sport, paragliding companies just don't cater much for girls, but Icaro came up trumps. Grazie Mille Icaro!
Icaro making my new helmet


I was delighted to meet up with Dominique Cizeau from Niviuk and had a great chat with him, as with other members of the Niviuk Team, Joel Debons and Maxime Bellemin from ABAC in addition.
Thank you to everyone on the Niviuk stand for giving me such a warm welcome :-)

Nice to see Mike at the Ozone stand too. No hard feelings, and I am sure that they have a cracking season ahead of them, albeit feeling the pressure from the recent performance of the Icepeak6's.
Columbia and the Superfinal will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment