Monday, August 17, 2015

A Seat with a view and the winged snapshot

I travel often, several times a month. Since learning to paraglide I travel even more and my fascination with clouds and the sky has become almost an obsession. Whilst before I walked with my head to the ground, I now cannot help but have my face turned permanently towards the sky.  Do all pilots do this or am I the only one?!
What I see is a mirror of the ocean with invisible tides and whirlpools, eddies, and currents, and from the ground when I look up I am swimming in the seas of a different place than "here". 
From an aeroplane window I find this place. Looking down through the layers of cloud which form similar features to our earth. These new hills, valleys, rivers and flatlands have been shaped by cloud and dotted and streaked across the sky in layers like a painting. 
In my mind, this portrait is such a beautiful unspoilt place, with its own eternal horizon of crystal blue and tangerine sky.  The vast expanse of it all mesmerises me and transports me, dreamy, to another place...

3 comments:

  1. "[...]I now cannot help but have my face turned permanently towards the sky. Do all pilots do this or am I the only one?!"

    I do it too... and I'm sure we are not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yosemite Sam, I'm glad we are not alone. Thanks for writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post! proessaywriting.com
    I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. www.proessaywriting.com
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete